20 things to do in 20 minutes. When you’re so bored you can feel your eyeballs melting and you just need something, ANYTHING to do.
1. Read a newspaper: the local newspaper can be read in twenty minutes. Just spend five minutes reading headlines, five minutes on an interesting news story and five minutes reading the comics. The remaining five minutes are to rage at opinion pieces, news stories and letters to the editor.
2. It is possible to draw a picture in twenty minutes. Look around for inspiration, do you see anything that could be interesting…. If not, just chuck in a dinosaur and see what happens.
3. Make 20 paper aeroplanes. Everyone knows that paper aeroplanes are cool.
4. Visit this website and start cooking! I particularly like the creamy bacon chicken pasta. http://busycooks.about.com/od/fastestrecipes/a/20minute.htm
5. Write a letter. These are so much better than emails because they are old school and they come with stamps.
6. Despite belief to the contrary, in 20 minutes you can ring your grandmother or grandfather and make their day.
7. If you play a musical instrument, a simple song like the Mario theme can be learned in 20 minutes.
8. You can watch an episode of that 70’s show on youtube if you type in the url quick enough.
9. To test to see if you have too many shoes, try relacing/refitting all your shoes. If it’s not possible to do in 20 minutes, then you have too many shoes.
10. Go clean your room. If it is not too messy, then 20 minutes is enough to clear your desk of rubbish and move enough stuff off your floor to walk on.
11. Try playing a simple tune on glasses with different amounts of water in them.
12. Learn how to skip backwards (unless you are unco like me).
13. Play a game of age of empires. Seriously, of you give yourself lots of stuff and cheat, you could probably fit two or three in.
14. Go through your yearbook(s) and laugh at yourself.
15. You can give your pet a bath. If you have fish, take a bath with them.
16. Do some homework. You probably can’t do all of it but you’ll be 20 minutes further than you would be otherwise.
17. Find an old t-shirt and give it a make over. Pens, paint, scissors and safety pins can all be used to turn that old t you haven’t worn in three years into the envy of the rest of your clothes.
18. Think of all the hilarious four letter words you could get tattood on your knuckles. Don’t actually get them done though. If a tattoo takes only 20 minutes it’s probably not a very good one.
19. Photoshop your friends heads onto pictures of dogs wearing outfits and put them on facebook.
20. This article can, indeed, be written in 20 minutes!